Reset service light indicator, engine oil life BMW Z8 year 2000-2003 reset instructions:
BMW recommends the use of a reset tool.
1. Turn off the ignition.
2. Press and hold the TRIP ODOMETER button in the instrument cluster and turn the ignition to Accessory.
3. Keep the button pressed for 5 seconds until OIL SERVICE RESET (RE) or INSPECTION RESET (RE) appears in the display. Then release the button.
4. Press and hold the button again for 5 seconds until RE or RESET flashes in the display. Then release the button.
5. With the display flashing
6. Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.