To reset the oil service light, use the following procedure:
1. With the ignition in the off position, press the brake and accelerator pedals.
2. For keyed vehicles, turn the key to the accessory position; for pushbutton start vehicles, press the Start/Stop button once quickly. Do not start the engine.
3. Press the accelerator and brake pedals fully for 20 seconds.
4. “Engine Oil Change Due Next Service” and the oil service light will display.
5. Turn the vehicle off. The message and lights will be cleared.
Under what Ford terms “normal” conditions, oil changes will occur at a maximum of every 10,000 miles (16,000 kilometers) or 12 months. Other services to be performed at every oil change include:
• Rotate tires.
• Inspect wheels and related components for noise, wear, looseness or drag.
• Inspect brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, brake linings, hoses and parking brake.
• Inspect engine cooling system for strength; inspect cooling system hoses.
• Inspect exhaust system and heat shields.
• Inspect half-shaft boots.
• Inspect and lubricate steering linkage, ball joints, suspension, tie-rod ends and U-joints if equipped with grease fittings.
• Inspect cabin air filter (if equipped).