Reset oil service light Ford E 150 Series. From years: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
How to reset oil service light Ford E 150 Series.
Oil Life Reset and Start Value. An oil change is required whenever indicated by the message center and according to the recommended maintenance schedule.
To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change Ford E 150 Series. From years: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (approximately 7,500 miles [12,000 km] or six months) perform the following.
- Switch the ignition ON, do not start the engine.
- Press and release the SELECT/RESET stem to display “OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW”.
- Press and hold the SELECT/RESET stem for two seconds and release. Oil life is set to XX% and “OIL LIFE SET TO XXX%” is displayed.
- To change oil life 100% miles value from 7,500 miles (12,000 km) or six months to another value, proceed to Step 5.
- Once “OIL LIFE SET TO XXX%” is displayed, release and press the RESET control switch to change the Oil Life Start Value. Each release and press will reduce the value by 10%.
Note: Oil Life Start Value of 100% equals 7,500 miles (12,000 km) or six months. For example, setting Oil Life Start Value to 60% sets the Oil Life Start Value to 3,000 miles (4,800 km) and 120 days.
OIL LIFE CHANGE SOON. Displayed when the engine oil life remaining is 5% or less. When oil life left is between 5% and 0%, the ENGINE OIL CHANGE SOON message will be displayed.
OIL CHANGE REQUIRED. Displayed when the oil life left reaches 0%, the OIL CHANGE REQUIRED message will be displayed. OIL LIFE OK displays after you have changed the oil.