How to reset tire pressure warning light Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Reset tire pressure warning light Toyota FJ Cruiser. From year: 2012, 2013, 2014.
How to initialize the tire pressure warning system.
- Park the vehicle in safe place and turn the engine switch to the LOCK position. While the vehicle is moving, initialization is not performed.
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. Make sure to adjust the tire pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. The tire pressure warning system will operate based on this pressure level.
- Turn the engine switch to the ON position.
- Press and hold the tire pressure warning reset switch until the tire pressure warning light blinks slowly 3 times.
- Wait for a few minutes with the engine switch on, and then turn the engine switch to the ACC or LOCK position.
The tire pressure warning valve and transmitter is equipped with a unique ID code. When replacing a tire pressure warning valve and transmitter, it is necessary to register the ID code of tire pressure warning valve and transmitter. Have the ID code registered by your Toyota dealer.
When to replace your Toyota FJ Cruiser tires.
Tires should be replaced if:
You have tire damage such as cuts, splits, cracks deep enough to expose the fabric or bulges indicating internal damage.
A tire goes flat repeatedly or cannot be properly repaired due to the size or location of a cut or other damage.
If you are not sure, consult with your Toyota dealer.
Replacing tires and wheels on your Toyota FJ Cruiser.
If the ID code of the tire pressure warning valve and transmitter is not registered, the tire pressure warning system will not work properly. After driving for about 20 minutes, the tire pressure warning light blinks for 1 minute and stays on to indicate a system malfunction.
Any tire over 6 years old must be checked by a qualified technician even if they have seldom or never been used or damage is not obvious.
If the tread wears down below 0.16 in. (4 mm) on snow tires.
The effectiveness of snow tires is lost.