How to reset tighten fuel filler cap message Saab 9-3 first generation.
Reset tighten fuel filler cap message Saab 9-3 first generation. From year: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.
- Enter the key in the ignition and turn it until the lights on the dashboard go on, one position befor you start the engine.
- The tighten fuel filler cap message light cannot be removed by pressing CLEAR button.
- To reset this warning light push the brake pedal to clear.
Refueling Saab 9-3. Ensure that you are using the correct grade of fuel, unleaded AON 87-93. For optimum performance we recommend:
- AON 90 for 2.0 Turbo 185 hp.
- AON 93 for 2.0 Turbo 205 hp and 2.3 Turbo Viggen.
If fuel containing a mixture of alcohol is used, the following restrictions apply: Methanol: max. 5% by volume. Ethanol: max. 10% by volume. MTBE: max. 15% by volume. The fuel filler cap is located in the right rear quarter panel. Switch off engine. Insert the fuel-pump nozzle beyond the flange on the filler pipe. Do not withdraw the nozzle while filling is in progress. Cease refuelling the first time the pump stops. Fuel-tank capacity: 17.0 US gal. (64 liters)m Screw on the filler cap and keep turning until it has clicked at least three times. Manually opening the fuel filler door, see page 131, Convertible, page 52.
The most effective way to prevent condensation forming in the tank (and thus avoid possible running problems) is to keep the tank well filled. Before the onset of freezing temperatures in winter, it may be advisable to add gasoline anti-freeze to the fuel a few times to dispel any condensation in the system.