How do you reset oil service light Chevrolet Malibu. From years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
Reset oil service light Chevrolet Malibu.
The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Whenever the oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation accurs where you change the oil prior to a CHANGE OIL SOON message being turned on, reset the system.
To reset oil service light on your vehicle Chevrolet Malibu follow this steps:
- Display OIL LIFE RESET on the dash board.
- Press and hold the INFO button & ENTER button (in the same time) buttons for at least one second.
- OIL LIFE RESET will display.
- Hit ENTER button again and an ACKNOWLEDGED display message will appear for three seconds.
- This tells you the system has been reset.
- Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
If the CHANGE OIL SOON message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.