How to reset oil service light Porsche 911 Carrera.
Reset oil service light Porsche 911 Carrera.
- Press inward on the trip odometer reset button and turn the key to the auxiliary position (forward one click from the off position) until Oil Service Re or Oil Service Reset appears on the odometer monitor.
- Depress the odometer reset button a second time until the work Reset or Re appears on the monitor.
- The message Reset or Re will continuously flash.
- Push the odometer reset button quickly to complete the reset.
- End SIA appears to indicate a successful reset of the system.
Oil change Porsche 911 Carrera. The engine oil has to be changed regularly at the intervals listed in your Maintenance Schedule.If you suspect an oil leak in the engine have your dealer check it out immediately.
All current engine oils are compatible with each other, i.e. when making an oil change it is not necessary to flush the engine if you wish to use a different brand or grade of oil. Since, however, each brand of oil has a special composition, you should, if possible, use the same oil brand if it becomes necessary to top up between oil changes.
Porsche engines have long intervals between oil changes. You can make best use of these long oil change intervals by using multigrade oils since these are largely independent of seasonal fluctuations in temperature. If your vehicle is used frequently in stop-and-go traffic in cold weather, the engine will not always be properly warmed up. Condensation from products of combustion may accumulate in the oil. In this case, it is advisable to change the oil more frequently so that your engine once again has 100% efficient engine oil.