How to reset oil service light Saab 9-5.
Reset oil service light Saab 9-5. From year: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
- Turn the ignition to run, one position before starting the vehicle.
- You can clear the reset service oil message by pressing CLEAR once.
- Reset by pressing CLEAR for at least eight seconds, until time for SERVICE appears on the display.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the vehicle to verify the indicator has been reset.
- The warning light can only be deleted when it is shown on the Service Indicator Display (SID).
A time for service message will illuminate on the Saab Instrument Display (SID) when the car is due for regular maintenance.
Engine oil and filter changes Saab 9-5. Changing the engine oil and filter is required at every service point. Use only a Saab approved long-life oil filter and engine oils stated in the Specification section of this Owner’s Manual. The use of extra additives in the oil is not necessary and is not recommended, and may be harmful to turbochargers. More frequent oil changes are recommended if your vehicle is operated under the following conditions:
- Most trips are less than 5 to 10 miles (8 to 16 km). This is particularly important when outside temperatures are below freezing.
- Most trips include extensive idling (such as frequent stop-and-go driving).
- Most trips are through dusty areas.
- You frequently tow a trailer or use a carrier on top of your vehicle.
- If the vehicle is used for delivery service, police, taxi or other commercial applications.
If your driving habits match this description, have the engine oil and filter changed inbetween normal services at 5,000 mile (8,000 km) intervals. The Saab Warranty and Service Record Booklet has provisions to record extra oil changes.