Reset oil service light indicatorBMW 5 Series. For models: BMW E12, BMW E28, BMW E34, BMW E39, BMW E60, BMW E61, BMW F10, BMW F11.
Reset oil service light BMW 5 Series E39. From years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.
How do you reset oil service light indicator BMW 5 Series model E39.
- Ignition key must be off.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset button in the instrument cluster (left button), and turn the ignition key to the first position.
- Keep the button pressed for approx 5 seconds until one of the following words appear in the display: “Oil Service” with “Reset”.
- The service due is shown with “reset” if the coded minimum consumption limit has been reached and resetting is possible. If “reset” is not shown, the minimum limit has not been reached and resetting is not possible.
- Press and hold the reset button again until the word “Reset” begins to flash.
- While the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the service interval. After the display has shown the new interval the following will appear: “End SIA”.
- The system can only be reset again after 2.5 gal (10 liters) of fuel have been consumed.
Reset oil service light BMW 5 Series E60. From years: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
How do you reset oil service light BMW 5 Series model E60.
Firstly with the ignition switched on, set the odometer trip meter back to zero by pushing it once.
Then switch the ignition back off again. I found this step was critical, otherwise I couldn’t get to the Service menu.
Now you are ready to go through the reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series E60 steps as follows.
- Switch the ignition on. So that the battery, Oil and Parking brake lights are displayed. And the key is ready to start the engine but dont actually start the car .
- Press the odometer reset button for between 5 and 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the centre appears in the top window between the clocks. Where the outside temperature / time or date normally appears, this is the Service icon.
- Release the odometer button briefly and press again straight away which brings up a picture of the brake fluid symbol. Same as the one that the i drive shows when you look at the Service menu. Just release the button and press again and the next service item will appear.
- If you want to reset oil service light BMW E60 indicator. Then keep holding the odometer button until the word RESET? appears at the bottom of the lower window.
- When the word reset? appears on the bottom of the lower window push and hold the odometer button until the reset it is done.
Reset oil service light BMW 5 Series model E61. From years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
How do you reset oil service light BMW 5 Series model E61.
- Insert key.
- Press START/STOP button without pressing clutch/brake, wait for the service reminder to disappear.
- Immediately, after service reminder goes out, press and hold the odometer reset. After 3 seconds a warning triangle will appear.
- Keep the odometer reset button pressed. After another 2-3 seconds the oil-can symbol will appear. If you hold the button too long, about 10 seconds, the system will go into an internal coding mode. In this case, shut everything down and start over.
- After properly performing step-3, the system will be in the service menu mode. Use the push button (BC button) on the end of the left steering column switch (wipers, high/low beams) to scroll through the various service items.
- When the oil service light is displayed, press the BC button on the end of wiper switch. “Reset” should now appear in the display. Press and hold the BC button for 2-3 seconds. A small clock display will show as the reset is being performed.
- Reset oil service light BMW 5 Series model E61, picture below.
- You can now select another item to reset (as in step-4) or press the START/STOP button to end.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light indicator BMW 5 Series. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for BMW cars. Or any error which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.