Reset the Service B in a Mercedes C230
When a service is needed based on the car’s mileage or time since the last service, the display screen on a Mercedes C230 will notify you. The display screen is located within the speedometer on the instrument panel. Mercedes mechanics will reset the Service B notification light after the service is performed. If you performed the service, you need to reset the light yourself. Service B includes an oil and filter change, a tire rotation and other maintenance checks.
1. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it until the battery comes or the engine turns on.
2. Locate the left and right arrow buttons on the left side of your steering wheel. Press either button until the mileage is displayed on the instrument panel display screen.
3. Press the up or down button until the service symbol appears on the screen.
4. Locate the trip odometer reset button to the left of the instrument panel. Hold the reset button for a few seconds until the screen displays the message, “Do you want to reset the service interval? Confirm with the R-button.” Release the button once the phrase appears.
5. Press the reset button to reset the Service B notification.
These servicing warning lights are normally reset (turned off) by the main dealer once they have finished servicing your vehicle.
If you have just serviced your vehicle yourself, or had it serviced in a local garage you may find that the 'service interval warning light' still needs to be reset to turned the light off.